Saturday, January 3, 2009

Our Christmas Around the World
















We left Christmas Day for Mexico, MO to head to Steve's Mom (Oma) and stepdad's(Don) house. After a two hour plane ride, we were greeted by Oma and Don for a two hour car ride from the St. Louis airport. Steve had asked Santa Claus to make an extra special trip to Oma's house for the girls so they will have presents to open on the 26th. Sure enough, Santa left presents for the girls to open the next morning. We also visited a bunch of family members while we were there. I (Alicia) also got to see where Steve was born in Hannibal, MO. This tiny town is famous because this was the home of Samuel Clemens who is best known as Mark Twain. We were able to do some sightseeing, climbed the lighthouse, and toured the Mark Twain Cave. Steve's grandma, Betty, also lives in Hannibal, so we spent some time with her. She has crotcheted for over fifty years and spent some time showing RB and I (Alicia) some designs and tricks of the trade. I was also lectured on how I was holding my hook and yarn inappropriately, which I already knew. What can I say? I'm an oddball and holding the material the correct way is uncomfortable for me. There at Grandma Betty's, we spent time with Steve's Dad, Steve Sr., his brother, Chad, and his uncle, Mike. We made a pit stop in New London to visit Steve's other grandma from Oma's side, Nanny and his Aunt, Danette. While staying with Oma, I got to finally try food from Sonic Drive-in and I must say, it was mighty expensive and the food did not taste as it looked in the commercials. Am I really that surprised? Not really. The girls and Steve helped his sister and her boyfriend, Christi and Craig move into their new townhouse. Best of luck to the both of them and we hope they have many merry Christmases in their new digs. We did not leave Mexico until January 2nd, so we were able to celebrate New Year's at 11:00 PM by watching the ball drop in New York City. Thankfully for Steve and I, this meant we could go to bed earlier without having to actually stay up until midnight. Everyone was sad to leave, but we will be seeing Oma again this summer.










5 comments:

  1. Yeah for joining the blog world! I can't wait to see all about the Flowerington adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is pretty cool....looks good! Congrats on the little one. Blaize will now have 2 new baby cousins on the way. His Aunt Cyndie is expecting too. I'm wondering....is Unc aka "Schmoopy"...lol... hoping for a little guy?
    I bet Oma is already making a blanket! I will save this in Blaize's favs. I'm sure he'll love keeping up with Flowerington adventures! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH for joining the cult of blogs!!!! Great job for your first go at it. And I seriously cannot wait to see you again Seesha! :)
    MOTHER.... how ironic that THAT now means something! HAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If anyone has any advice for making our blog look better, please let us know. Steve and I are stumbling around trying to figure out how to do stuff. Yes, "Unc" (Schmoopy) is wanting a little man. At least I'm not under pressure because if it doesn't happen, it's all his fault. We miss everyone! Nate, you better be making a special visit to see the baby and no excuses as to why you won't want to come to York!

    ReplyDelete