Monday, January 19, 2009

Go Ravens!

Sunday, Mom-Mom (my Mom), Jasmine (my niece), and Saige (my cousin) came over since they were going to spend Martin Luther King, Jr. Day with R.B. and Bubbles. Because we had a full house, we decided to have a football party. While I enjoy watching football, I am not obsessed with the game so half of the night was spent with me asking Steve what just happened and what is up with those numbers reflecting off the grass? Can the team see the blue and yellow line marked in the field or is that just intended for the TV viewers? Why must I watch Willis McAghee get slammed and watch his head snap back like a pez dispenser over and over and over again? What is up with all these commercial breaks? So the party began. We all had our Ravens jerseys on, food galore, pom-poms, and vocal chords like you would not believe. Of course I was having a bag pregnancy day and pretty much puked up everything I put into my mouth, so I was glad when the game was over and I could go to bed. Needless to say, the Ravens did not win and actually had to have a player carried off the field. Did I think the Ravens had a chance? Of course. Who do I think deserved to go to the Superbowl? Probably the Steelers since they ended up in the playoffs because of their record. The Ravens was 6th seed. Even though the Steelers deserved to go to the Superbowl, I hope they loose miserably to the Cardinals. When it comes to Steelers versus Ravens, my loyalty will always lay with the Ravens as I spent most of my life in Maryland and around all things Ravens.
I'm thankful the Ravens got as far as they did because they offered a night of entertainment for my family to get together, act as head coaches, yell at the TV screen, and go bananas whenever they scored. All I can say is watch out, Joe Flacco has the makings to be a great quarterback.

We are ready to see the Ravens score and pig out on food that is not healthy!


Jasmine, ready to tackle!


Even our dog, Sebastian, was ready to party! Okay, not really. He fell asleep 5 minutes into the game.


The final score!

No comments:

Post a Comment