Monday, January 5, 2009

Ode to a Crabby Patty

Sadly on Christmas Eve Bubble's hermit crab, Bubbles Sr., said goodbye to this earthly world. This poem is dedicated to Bubble's friend:

Oh creepy crawly thing
How you crawled into my heart
We were never very far apart
I sat you in the window
And under the kitchen light
So warmth will bring to your life delight
I fed you
I kept your water sponge soaked
I even cleaned your cage
Everytime my sister tried to drown you
My heart filled with rage
For I feared she would kill you
Then I would miss you
And forever be blue
I know you are in heaven
In a happy place
At night I dream of your crabby face
I dream that you are digging in the sand
Pinching your pinchers to a rock band
Singing and dancing in your shell
Drinking my favorite, lemonade Propel
But don't eat any strawberries
For they will make you itchy
Above all know that I will forever miss thee
I can't wait to buy your brother next time at Ocean City


R.I.P. Bubbles Fowler, Sr.
8/31/08 - 12/24/08

No comments:

Post a Comment