Monday, August 17, 2009

Indiana or Bust

Steve, Mason, and I left early Friday morning to drive to Greenfield, IN. What's there you ask? A whole lot of nothing except for a little girl named Bubbles who missed her Daddy and was ready to come home. For the past 2 weeks, she has been in MO visiting Oma along with cousin Blaize. Mason did very well and was only cranky for the last hours driving to IN and driving back home. As a side note, I was greatly dissatisfied with nursery water, which is advertised as being able to be mixed with formula for infants. We did not have a way to boil water while at the hotel. All it did was cause a lot of gas and a belly ache for Mason. I dumped most of the gallon out as soon as we arrived home. We arrived in Greenfield on Friday evening and had dinner with the kids and Oma and Don, Steve's stepdad. Greenfield served as a halfway point for everyone and it's also only 20 or so miles away from Indianapolis, which is where we spent our day on Saturday at the zoo. Steve and I did not take many pictures. It's weird because going to attractions like a zoo in the past, I would always have my camera out and ready for those photo moments. On Saturday, the camera never entered my mind unless Steve asked for it. I was too concerned about Mason staying cool and also whether or not Bubbles or Blaize were running anyone over with the stroller. There were a few close encounters with other zoo visitors, but no one was injured. The weekend was fun, but I was extremely glad to arrive home last night even if it took another 2.5 hours to unpack and put everything back into its place. I'm finding that as I get older, my favorite place to be is home.
No, this is not a picture of the Loch Ness Monster. We could not get any good pictures at the dolphin show, but if you squint you can recognize that they are indeed dolphins.
Blaize was scared of the ostrich exhibit.
This bear was chewing on a bone which seemed as big as my leg. What did they feed him; a dinosaur from Jurassic Park?
This was my favorite exhibit of all at the zoo. He was such a good boy even though it was sweltering outside.
Everyone was able to pet the elephants after the show. All I wanted to do was get inside an air conditioned building. Thank goodness we saved the aquarium for last. It was very refreshing.
The dog sharks had eyeballs like humans. It was so weird looking.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you all are home safe. I have never had any problem with Nursery Water that is what we use for Anderson. You gotta love the zoo.

    ReplyDelete