Monday, February 9, 2009

Weekend in Review

I haven't had the opportunity to post for this weekend until now. This Saturday was Bubble's first day of soccer practice for the YMCA. It's a weekly event and lasts until April 4th. She is with the 6-8 year old league. Even though the record receipt I obtained showed her starting practice at 9AM, she was actually not supposed to start until 10AM. That's okay, she had a chance to watch the first batch of kids practice so she knew what Coach Doug expected of her. She had a blast! One thing that I did not think was fair was Coach Doug paired the experienced soccer players with the beginners so the experienced kids kept hogging the ball. Hey, if Rocky can bring two countries together like the U.S. and Russia while he was fighting the Soviet, then by golly, Bubbles can learn to play soccer.

Wasn't it cool that her laces matched the ball?

The kids practiced dribbling and control of the ball

She had to wear a stinky jersey

After soccer practice, the girls wanted to go to Old Country Buffet. I've never been and I have to say I am still not sure what the excitement was all about. It cost us $30 for food that could have been prepared at home for half that amount. The highlight is when Bubbles tied my hair to a balloon and let it float.



This was a chore weekend for everyone. Bubbles and RB eached earned $10 for completing their list of chores and Steve and I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed. Our house is spotless. Right now him and I are in the compulsive stage where if either one of us sees a mess, we immediately sprint to clean it up. I have diagnosed us with post cleaning disorder. Give us another week of messy animals and kids and our disorder will miraculously disappear and we won't be sprinting as much to clean up mess we spot. We may just walk over it counting down to the next chore weekend.

Last, but not least....

Happy 8th Birthday to my niece, Sydney!!!! If she lived in Maryland, by law, she could stay home by herself...CRAZY, huh? Thankfully she resides in Pennsyltucky where by 8, kids probably would already know how to skin a deer.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the birthday shout out. I love this picture it cracks me up everytime. How does someone sleep like that?

    ReplyDelete