Friday, February 13, 2009

I just saved money...no, it wasn't on my car insurance

I am so super excited that I must post this! I love being frugal and because each of us are trying to survive in this economy, I get to be even more spastic with my frugality. Unforunately, Steve and I use gas to heat our home along with our hot water tank. In the summer, it's great because we are using A/C. The winter weather is not the only thing that can be harsh...so can our gas bill. I must say this is a new thing for me...switching gas suppliers. It's kind of like re-negotiating your interest rate with credit card companies. I've just never been one to do that. Well, no sir-eee bob. Last month both Steve and I had mini-attacks trying to understand why our gas bill was so high. We spent more money paying for the gas to be supplied to our house then actual usage. How is that possible? I thought I was going to have to actually sell my other kidney this time (HAHAHAHAHA, come on Jackie, that was hilarious!). In a matter of just 2 months and after switching gas suppliers, my per Ccf (not really sure what type of measurement that means) has dropped from $1.43 to $0.729. Hollaback! I'm so super excited. Of course, it's a little annoying because pretty much every quarter, I have to call up each supplier and find out who has the lowest rate and then pretty much jump back and forth. However, as long as there are no penalties for early terminations by switching and reswitching so much, I'll do it!


This summer the girls and I are going to be making our own summer dresses. The summer dresses are pretty much just sewn together using one sheet of material, but yet each store seems to charge over $20 for them. What?! It's going to be a fun way to spend quality time with the girls and save money. If only I can get Steve to wear dresses then we won't have to spend any money on his clothes this summer. We are also going to attempt to grow our own vegetables and displaying our progress on this blog will keep us motivated.

What are you doing to save money?

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHA.... that was a good kidney joke!
    Sweet jesus on the savings. It is strange how those kind of company's charge for that. The lines for gas are already dug and connected. What kind of delivery charge can there be? Its either there or it isn't? Can't wait to see your handy work on the dresses. I am picturing something like Minnie Pearl wore on HeeHaw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH on saving money! Being in the military helps out with saving money on food and stuff. They have a commissary on every base that is (most times) cheaper than a regular grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi everybody its me bubbles(madison) and i had the best birthday party ever i got the coolest things i ever got before i got spy gear and a borders gift card,polly pockets and 1 millioin more things. I got some cards that sing and some that dont sing. But the most coolest thig was lizzy got to stay the night and all the presents that me and lizzy played with and my new spy gear tank and spyed on lots of things like cats and people.lots more things to say but gotta go by.

    ReplyDelete