Wednesday, February 4, 2009

RRF is on her way to recovery

RRF had a follow-up vet visit tonight with her doctor, Dr. Cheek, so she could replace the tail bandage. I think RRF is famous at Leader Heights Animal Hospital now because they instantly recognized me. I'm not quite sure if it's a good thing or not to be recognized as the Mommy of the "crazy tailing chewing cat".

RRF's first tail bandage was yellow, but now it's the most bestest color in the world...green. The kitzac is helping tremendously and she shouldn't have to be on it forever. Just for a few weeks while her hormones readjust from her surgery. She purrs and is very playful with yarn just as a kitten should be. She seems to want to groom everything now - stuffed animals, hands, the floor, etc. She even tried grooming my house slippers this morning as I was spending time with her. She loves playing "chase the yarn" with Steve. I tried using yarn a few times when playing with her, but I just don't have his skills. She seemed to get bored with me.

While some might find this video boring, I thought it was the cutest thing. Knowing how she was before the spay and chewing off her tail, it's amazing to see the transformation just a week after her traumatic experience. What's really amazing is now that RRF's behavior is under control, the girls can bond with her. We are hoping her reintroduction back with the other house pets won't cause her loving behavior to become less loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment