Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Father's Love

Normally, I'm in charge of lunches for Steve, the girls, and I. However, Steve has been making them when he has time so I don't have to do it when I get home from work. What a sweety! This was the lunch he packed for RB for school last Friday. I wanted to share this with everyone because I thought it was absolutely adorable. The action of loving someone is obvious when a birthday present is wrapped extra nice or when your partner brings home flowers, or when someone holds the door open for you. RB's lunch, to me, was an action of love. Steve made sure everyone food group was included, veggies were nicely trimmed, grapes were throughly washed, and he filled her drink jug with one of her favorites. The girls and I just stood back after dumping the contents and sighed. Bubbles said that Steve did good and it was the cutest moment for the girls and I. Little did he realize that RB is not allowed to take plastic containers to school, there is no refrigerator available to hold her lunch so the yogurt would have been too soupy to consume, RB will not eat the veggies, brown lunchbags aren't as cool as they once were, and it's probably not any cooler to print "RB" on the outside of the brown bag.

To my Schmoopy - Regardless if you almost had your daughter beat up in school for carrying a paper bag (KIDDING), the girls and I love you. You are a wonderful Father to them and everything you do shows that you love them with everything you have, even when you must show tough love. You are the total opposite of today's Father figure...while most of them don't want anything to do with their children, you are always there. This is one of the many reasons why I love you and why you are going to be, yet again, a wonderful Father to our itsawhatzit.

No comments:

Post a Comment