Thursday, March 5, 2009

We are Wearing our Future

How do we know that Steve and I love one another? Well, just look at our slippers. On a daily basis, we model old man and old lady comfy slippers around our house. My right shoe has been permanently scarred by bleach. We love our slippers so much, we are constantly searching for them when they are not on our feet. I love making Steve trip out of his old man foot rockets whenever I chase him up the steps as this totally freaks him out. Our footwear is neither fancy nor expensive, but it's all we need.

Our house shoes are representative of us. We are comfortable together. We are not fancy nor live a financially extravagant life. We are always looking for one another when the other isn't around. Just as our slippers follow us everywhere, we follow one another everywhere. Steve and I have only spent a few days apart when his great grandmother, Nan, died and when I had to fly to Massachusetts for an overnight work trip. Giving one another a kiss in the morning is like slipping into your comfy soles. It just feels good. Once you find a good pair of toe covers, it becomes irreplaceable no matter how much wear or tear it will endure. For me, Steve is my irreplaceable toe covers! He is all I need. I love you, my darling.

2 comments:

  1. Ummm, what happened to Alicia? You have turned into a bowl of mush! ha ha! I am happy that you are so happy! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhm, I just puked all over my cumfy slippers.... and that just won't come out in the washer!!!!

    ReplyDelete