Thursday, September 30, 2010

Holy Moly, How High am I?

Sorry, I'm not a professional blogger so I have no clue how to rotate pictures. Yes, your guess is correct. This is the Eiffel Tower.
View from the top of the Eiffel Tower.

A really cool statue outside my hotel.

I spent a very short time in Paris. I stayed in the more industrial area of Paris and the only place I visited was the Eiffel Tower. I went all the way to the top, but did not fill it blowing in the wind. I guess that is because I didn't stick around long enough to feel anything. It was amazing and terrifying at the same time. It was amazifying. I ate at a really nice French restaurant with a few other co-workers who were in Paris to attend a trade show. The menu offered ox cheeks, pig intestines, and a baby calf's head. One in the group ordered the baby calf's head. It came with chunks of cheeks, tongue, eyes, and brains in a soupy mixture. I could not look in his direction during the meal. Luckily, this person had enough manners not to pull out the eyeball from his bowl to eat it. Because I did not see a lot in Paris, the most interesting was the fact that the Eiffel Tower has a souvenir shop and cafe on the second level. I bought t-shirts for both Madison and Mason at the shop. How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment