Friday, October 9, 2009

Fitness Challenge

Someone should have told me I was delusional when I thought the baby weight would just melt away. Where did I think it would melt to? To the bed when I slept or in my shoes as the fat drained from my toes? Um, earth to Alicia, it’s time to come back to reality because it hasn’t melted anywhere. Ick, I feel so gross that I’m embarrassed to post this entry. However, it is what it is. I’m sure that I will sacrifice a lot more than my body shape as Mason and even Bubbles grow up.

I have entered into a fitness challenge with a colleague at work. This same challenge occurred between us and another colleague over a year ago and I won then. I’m determined to win again. Today, we weighed in and discussed our individual goals. Both of us will have different diet plans. For me, I will follow Weight Watchers until I feel comfortable identifying “good” foods from “bad” based on calorie, fat, and fiber. Because we are different body types and not the same gender, our weight loss will be calculated in percentages. This is a reflection of the Biggest Loser which I love to watch. To keep me motivated, I will blog about my weekly weight loss…or gain. I am still undecided if I should post a before picture or disclose my weight. I’m not really comfortable with either idea, but maybe I’ll change my mind once I get going and see good results.

No comments:

Post a Comment